Apple iPhone and iPad are one of the most popular and expensive devices that lets the users to handle most of their things. On these devices, the users can easily watch their loving movies and videos with much ease. You can find numerous file formats of different videos available on the web.
The resolution of the video differs based on the format of that particular video. Usually, people make use of MKV, MPEG, AVI and many other file formats as they render the best watching experience to the users by offering high picture resolution. These file formats supports Windows PCs or laptops. But, it is not possible to watch these format videos on your iPhone or iPad.
Add .avi .mkv Videos To iPhone?
This is because, the iOS device such as iPhone, iPad and other devices do not support various video files such as MKV, MPEG, AVI, etc. It is not possible to open these file formats using iTunes or some other iOS devices. VLC media player is one of the most popular video players that let the users watch any format of video or movie using this player.
We are quite fortunate that we can watch HD movies and other videos directly on your computer using VLC. In addition, the VLC media player supports different desktop devices and also compatible on iOS devices. Here is everything you need to know about the process of adding .avi and .mkv videos to your iPhone or iOS devices. Have a look!
How to Add AVI/MKV Videos To iPhone?
Here is the simple steps yet detailed explanation that allows the users to add .avi and .mkv file format videos on your iPhone or other iOS devices:
Watch AVI Format Videos on iPhone and iPad – Here’s How
Check out the detailed working process that lets the users to watch different AVI videos on iPhone and iPad without the need of using any kind of video converter. You can easily move or add avi files to iPhone using VLC.
- Firstly, download VLC for your iOS device right from the iTunes app store.
- Follow the simple on-screen steps to complete the installation process of VLC on your iOS device.
- After the completion of installation, just click to open the file and hit the pylon icon present in the top-left corner.
- Just click on Wi-Fi upload and the toggle switches to orange colour.
- You need to have Windows PC so as to move the avi video files on to your iPhone.
- Just enter the below given web address in the address bar of the browser.
- Just drag and drop avi file so as to move it to iOS device. Or else, you can tap on the ‘+’ sign present on the top right corner of the screen and choose the AVI file to open.
- After choosing the apt file, it uploads to your iPhone or iPad through Wi-Fi.
- That’s all! This is the easy process to watch various videos of avi and mkv format on your iPhone and iPad.
Hope this tutorial helps the users in watching the best avi and mkv videos on your Apple iPhone and other iOS devices.